Winters are harsh on everyone, especially our skin. The more delicate it is the more sensitive it is too cold weather. So here we are to rescue your skin from the hard winter dryness that makes you look dull and gloomy. Below are some tips to help you get through the winters.
· Buy a humidifier
Moisture is essential during the winters. The air inside your home becomes dry due to the heating systems. As you turn the heat on, the air dries which in turn dries up your skin. Invest in a humidifier to keep the moisture in the air.
You can choose from cool misted or heated humidifiers. If you want a soothing scent in the air you can add few drops of natural essential oils to the water. For a bedroom you can buy a single room humidifier and for living room and other shared spaces buy a family-sized humidifier. When the air contains the right amount of moisture your skin will also remain soft and moist.
· Cover yourself
When going outdoors make sure to put on ample layers to cover yourself. During extreme cold it is necessary to cover yourself up especially when you are travelling via bus or train. Without putting on proper protection you can chap your lips and skin after just going from the door to your car.
It is wise to invest in hat, gloves, scarf, shoes, coats and jackets, earmuffs;that will prevent the cold from reaching toyour skin and harming it.
· Change your diet
Apart from all the covering and protection, what you eat matters a lot. Your body needs to be taken care of internally;the extremely important element being adequate intake of water. In winters since you don’t feel thirsty you drink less water. Try to drink 8-10 glass of fluid mainly water or juices to keep your body hydrated.
You also need to increase the intake of omega fatty acids that are healthy for your skin. Eat more fish, avocados and dried nuts like almond, walnuts, and pistachios. You don’t need to consume them daily; three days in a week are more than enough to keep the balanced amount of fatty omega acids in your body.
· Adopt a winter skin care routine
You need to bring changes in your regular skincare regime during the winters. The winter harshness requires extra care and treatment.
- Use a cream based lotion or moisturizer. After you have had shower make sure to apply some lotion to keep the skin hydrated.
- A hand cream is a must too. Not only your hands but your lips need care too. Add lip balms in your regular routine, this will keep the lips from drying and cracking.
- Using the right type of soap is very important. Go through the ingredients before buying anything. Use chemical free bath products. Nowadays liquid soaps are available in market with moisturizing properties. DUPAS’s Liquid Soaps are one of the emerging products that will serve your winter needs perfectly.
- Exfoliation is necessary. We know exfoliating regularly can be difficult; therefore just exfoliate twice a week. This is more than enough. You can use loofas, scrubs and exfoliating washes to best results.
- Wear a sunscreen whenever you go out. Even if there are clouds outside, the sun it still there so make sure you use proper SPF protection to protect the skin from harmful ultraviolet radiations.
· Beauty Sleep
Is there really something like a beauty sleep? Yes there is. Sleep is the easiest and best thing to give yourself and the body some rest and time for skin repair. 8 hours sleep at night is recommended by doctors. Make sure you get a sound sleep that will benefit your skin.
Don’t wait for winters to show it dull colors on the skin. be proactive and prepared to welcome the cold. Invest in above things and make some healthy changes in your skincare routine and lifestyle. You will not only enjoy the winter season but it won’t also seem dull and monotonous. Have beautiful winters!